VS 2005 Working Directory

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by Fergal1982, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help with this problem....

I've just installed Visual Studio 2005, which sets its working location for everything (settings, templates, projects, etc) to your MyDocs folder. Unfortunately the MyDocs folder on my machine is stored on a network share. This unfortunately means that VS doesnt like it much - It runs, but apparently it wont run apps as trusted(?), or something like that, I cant seem to get the error back up.

So I'm trying to change the location to somewhere on my C: drive, but for the life of me, I cant find anything to make the change. I've changed the locations in the options that I can find, but these just relate to the Projects themselves, and not to the settings for the actual app.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Have you tried :-

Tools/Options/Projects and Solutions/General

3. Fergal1982

I've changed the settings in there, but the actual settings are still stored on the network drive.

Ah well, It all seems to be working ok, and the projects, etc are in the correct location.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Environment / Import and Export Settings ?

5. Fergal1982

Thats the one. Found it just before I checked here actually.

For reference, you need to click 'Show All Settings' in the option window, then its

>>Environment>>Import and Export Settings

Then you change the path to save the settings into.

Thanks
    Fergal