VPN Questions in 70-270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by mad_maxx, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mad_maxx

mad_maxx Bit Poster

Hi there,

I have my 70-270 tomorrow. I have identified my knowledge of VPN Authentication/Encryption profiles as being below the desired level.

I have watched the CBT Nuggets, Testout, and Read the Sybex Book, none of which appear to give the required level of knowledge demanded by the Testout questions on the topics.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can find further info? A google for +"70-270" +"VPN" has not yielded many helpful results.

Regards

MaX

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I can't imagine there will be that many questions on VPNs in XP. You may get some about how to set up a VPN connection, or something about the various protocols that may be used to establish a VPN tunnel but I don't think there's much 'in depth' about VPNs that is relevant to a workstation exam

Try this for an explanation of how to set up a VPN in XP, and this for a more in-depth understanding of VPN protocols.

Of course, having never taken the exam you're studying for I could be wrong because I don't know the curriculum for it.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

VPN's weren't really mentioned in my 270 exam, but even if you do get anything, i don't think you will get more than 1 or 2.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I don't remember getting any VPN questions on my exam either. I did get 2-3 questions on vpn when I did the MCDST exam and they talked a little about setting up vpn's, protocols, IPsec.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA