VPN outbound

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by jonny7_2002, Feb 4, 2011.

1. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

does anyone have a sample config to establish an outbound VPN from an 877 using l2tp.

I am trying to connect to ISA 2006 but i have no idea what commands to enter?? im in a bit of a situation with this one!! :blink

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I don't know the commands off the top of my head, but your scenario raises something buried deep in my memory... I once had a devil of a time trying to get an L2TP VPN set up between a Cisco device on my end and a non-Cisco device on their end (may have been ISA, can't remember). Seemed like there were some incompatibilities between the way the devices handled the VPN. The solution was for them to switch what device they were using on their end.

Hope this obscure reach into the dark spots of my memory is of some use to you. :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. jonny7_2002

jonny7_2002 Byte Poster

I must have missed this one, sorry for not replying.

I managed to do it in the end with a IPSEC site-to-site setup. Took me a while but finally managed to get it up and running. Turned out it was the ipsec setting for the SA lifetime or something like that! 8)

Its all good now though and this will now be filed in my head under the "Dark Deep Hole" section as well because it gave me a headache and was such a simple thing in the end!! :)

As always Boson, cheers for replying.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
    WIP: CCIE V5 (when its out)