VMware Workstation 5.5 Unofficially Released

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Nov 24, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

VMware Workstation 5.5 Unofficially Released

One of the most expected virtualization release, Workstation 5.5 (build 18463) brings in a lot of new features and improvements. This announcement is made before the VMware official one (which should go public on 11/29/05). -OS News

It's finally out.

One of the most expected virtualization release, Workstation 5.5 (build 18463) brings in a lot of new features and improvements:

* Full support for 64-bit guest operating systems and improved support for 64-bit host operating systems enable users to work in a broader range of environments

* Experimental support for two-way Virtual Symmetric Multiprocessing (Virtual SMP) enables multiprocessor virtual machines

* VMware Player gives you greater flexibility in distributing virtual machines

* Improved support for 32-bit host and guest operating systems

To read the rest, click Here

To see the OS News source, click Here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. The_Geek
      The_Geek
      I've been playing with 5.5 RC2 for about a week now.
    2. tripwire45
      tripwire45
      So how do you like it, TG?
    3. The_Geek
      The_Geek
      Well, the biggest thing is the 64 bit support. I guess if I were running anything 64 bit I would be excited. So far it's almost identical to 5.0.
    4. Phoenix
      Phoenix
      im using GSX and ESX server at home now, so havnt played with workstation much recently, i should do as the enterprise stuff doesnt have the network teaming stuff and i really wanna test throttling bw and seeing how replication happens on poorly configured ADs :P