VMware Server WAN config?

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by garyb, Jul 7, 2008.

1. garyb

garyb Byte Poster

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any online material to assist in the setup of multiple subnets inside VMWare server, Ive searched but cant find a simple explanation of the virtual network editor.

Everything is installed and I have 4 virtual machines [2 x 2003 server & 2 x XP Pro]. The xp machines are set to bridged and can access my local domain and internet as they are on same subnet of 192.168.45.*.

The 1st 2003 box is set to custom: Specific Virtual Network VMnet1 [NAT] [10.10.10.0]
    The 2nd 2003 box is set to custom: Specific Virtual Network VMnet8 [host only] [192.168.168.0]

DHCP is setup for these both as is NAT and gateway IPs are correct. Sporadically I can ping to/from each other, then suddenly they both lose the gateway IP and cannot communicate with anything.

Is my setup wrong, should I be assigning them to VM 2,3,4,5,6 or 7 instead?

I am trying to replicate our live setup where we have remote LAN [1 server] & DMZ [1 server] but this is making it impossible.

Thanx for reading, hope it make some kind of sense, have attached a basic image showing the setup..

G

Attached Files:

WIP: MCSA 2003