VMware Exam Retirement Announcement

Discussion in 'News' started by SimonD, Mar 3, 2015.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

VMware Exam Retirement Announcement

Effective March 2, 2015 the following certification exams will be retired and no new registrations accepted:

• VCID510 – VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Cloud Infrastructure Design
    • VCIA510 – VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Cloud Infrastructure Administration
    • VDTA510 – VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Desktop Administration
    • VDTD510 – VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Desktop Design
    More information can be found at http://blogs.vmware.com/education/2015/03/exam-retirement-announcement.html

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. dales
      dales
      Doh! bit off giving maybe 48 hours notice with no replacement available. Hey-ho the certification game quite often throws in these curve balls and upsets everyone!
    2. Theprof
      Theprof
      I was actually preparing for the VCAP-DTD... oh well, I guess VCIX it is.
    3. JK2447
      JK2447
      Got an email this afternoon saying this, delta exam available if you're quick:

Dear All

Please find below an update from VMware website.

On October 1st, we released a new delta exam to qualify recertification candidates for the VCP5-DCV Certification.

The exam is offered to current VCP5-DCVs who need to renew their VCP5-DCV credential. The exam will be available through March 10, 2015 and offers some key advantages:

• Based on new material between the vSphere 5.0/5.1 and vSphere 5.5 exams – you save hours of prep time
      • Available online – you can take it from any location
      • Far less expensive – you save money
      If you hold a VCP5-DCV certification, this is the quickest route to recertification.

Please click here: - https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=51919&ui=www_cert

This limited time opportunity – the exam will only be offered until March 10, 2015.
    4. SimonD
      SimonD
      A lot of people unhappy with VMware and their certification stance at the moment. The VCP - Delta had to be extended because of the whole 2 year re-certification requirement, it was originally due to expire last year but they extended it until this month.
    5. Waqas Ahmed
      Waqas Ahmed
      Any particular reason why?
    6. SimonD
      SimonD
      VMware really didn't think about the whole recertification thing, guys having taken the VCP 4 or 5 exams finding out that the exam track needs renewing every 2 years was a bad decision as far as VMware Certification is concerned, they would have been better off phasing it in with the VCP6 track, especially as they have replaced the VCAP exams with VCIX now as well.
      Waqas Ahmed likes this.
    7. dales
      dales
      Seems to be a way to try and keep people taking exams as they already have a retirement feature built into each exam/certification as its based on major versioning such as VCP5/6. So as the version is replaced with another the certificate becomes less relevant anyway without adding this "improvement" in.

It doesn't worry me too much because I enjoy taking exams but I can't see the decision anything other than trying to increase the amount of people taking the exams regularly.