VMware ESX Server Book

Discussion in 'VMware Certifications' started by Matt_26uk, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

Hi all

My company are having some VMware ESX servers installed soon and I want to know get some good books to read up and learn about VMware.

I have touched on VMware server (the free version) but not a great deal. Ideally I want to learn about VMware from a beginner’s point of view and then hopefully go for the exam in the near future.
    I found this book on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/VMware-ESX-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208376312&sr=1-2
    Does anyone recommend it or can any recommend anything else, I realise some books are better for learning and some are better for exams, at the moment I just want to learn VMware and do the exam later on.
    Matt

Certifications: MCSA 2003, CompTIA A+, N+
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  2. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Hi Matt,

I've not read any books other than the training material from the course and the resources on the VMSite itself, so can't really suggest a book. But if you are going to support ESX in a production environment I'd probably say it is a wise idea to go on an official training course.

If you want to take the exam and become a VCP, you will need to have attended the course anyhow.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I have the how to cheat vmware esx server book and the vmware server esx in the enterprise book (both are on the page you pointed to). I haven't gotten around to reading them yet but in general the how to cheat books will give you a good overview.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Nice find Simon. :super

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  6. Matt_26uk

Matt_26uk Nibble Poster

Thank you all for your replies!