vlan

Discussion in 'Networks' started by MrWorldWarrior, Sep 4, 2009.

1. MrWorldWarrior

MrWorldWarrior New Member

i have a ONE managable layer 3 dlink 48 switch.
    May suggestion to isolate to 2 logical LAN. Mean 2 group, which can't communicate with each others. But both group can got to router for internet connection
    VLAN2-Group 1 - port VID 1 - 23
    VLAN3-Group 2 - port VID 25 - 48

Port 24 is for Router...
    Concern.. How do i set the port 24 for all group can to internet? But the port not for both vlan to communicate with each other

VLAN feature
    -Tag
    -Egress
    -Ingress
    -Untag
    -Port Trunk
    -Asymmetric VLANs
    -forbidden

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

After replying to your last question on wireless speeds, I'm afraid I'm going to have to defer to kobem on this one. I don't have a clue but he'll keep you right.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Use 'Router On A Stick'.

This is where you take one router interface e.g. FastEthernet0/1 and break it down into sub interfaces to have many VLAN's all passing traffic via one port.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

You need to find out if the dlink switch you are using supports private vlans. Private vlans allow vlans for you vlans 2 and 3 to share the same port in your case 24 but with out the users in either vlan to see each other

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree