Vista RC1

Discussion in 'Software' started by michael78, Sep 14, 2006.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Does anyone know where I can download Vista RC1 from? Microsoft as far as I'm aware have started charging for downloading it due to high bandwidth cost (Like they can't afford it). We want to try it on one of our PC's with Office 2007 to see what it's like.

Cheers in advance

Michael

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

I was looking for it aswell quite fancy have a look let us know if you find it :biggrin

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i had a search for some sites, but the ones i found were linked to the MS site... and there were the BETA version not the Release Candidate...

4. michael78

I think I'll be struggling to download it aprt from Microsoft's website. I'm not paying to download it as it's for work to just install and have a mess on with. If I find it to download from free I'll let you all know. I would of thought there would of been maybe a torrent of it somewhere...:rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  5. Mr.Cheeks

yes there would be loads of those around, but we wont go there...

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

if I am right there is no charge for the RC1 of Vista...well for those who are Beta Testers, MSDN subscribers, and those who were in CPP. but here is the link you are all looking for...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. Mr.Cheeks

i found that before, but it would not let me download

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

did it come up with a message or something? cos I just tried it now and it started to download...but as I already have it I stopped it...have u registered on there before?

9. Mr.Cheeks

no message, but im too fecking tired to thing...

need sleep...

10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

go get some rest then mate...lol...we dont want u to go into overburn now...lol...

11. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

It's in Technet if you have a subscription?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  12. Mr.Cheeks

sleep seems to have gone out of my dictitionary....

im out the house at 7.30 and reach home bout 6. then i got my revision to do, plus to top things off, fri, sat and sun nights im working and some weekday evenings aswelll.... and if i got work on a week day, i reach hom about 5.30, eat, changed into my other work clothes and back on the road again, for 6.30...

13. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

my dear boy u need a vacation...go away for a bit...u really need it...

14. michael78

the download doesn't work for me...:(

15. GmanUK

GmanUK Byte Poster

Hi Guys

If you subscribed (for free) to download the Beta 2 version then you would have received a link this time around to download the RC1 version. Sadly Microsoft made the cut off point for subscribing to the downloads and DVD ordering of any of the beta's in June (If I remember rightly :ohmy )

If your company subscribes to Microsofts Partner scheme, is an Action Pack subscriber, Technet subscriber or MSDN user then you can call MS and ask them to send it to you for free.

Just a note...if your company is in the I.T. industry and deals with ANY Microsoft software in any way then I would definately recommend getting your comapny to subscribe to Microsofts Action Pack (Link) as its FULL of all their software and licenses all for £199 per year! Take a look its worth it. You also receive quarterly updates including their beta software....in essence its like MSDN apart from much cheaper and not as much on the 'Developer' side.

Certifications: CompTIA N+, Server+, CCSN, ITILv3 (f)
    WIP: MCITP Security
  16. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  17. mojorisin

nice one managed to download it last night and just installing it on my laptop

first time i tried it it got to the completetion stage then restarted and was booting up but then nothing the laptop was still running but the screen powered down and it wouldnt do anything else

booted to safe mode and it said the install couldnt be completed through safe mode

but it wont finish through normal mode either

might try it on my virtual pc after this if it doesnt work

cheers again for the link :biggrin

18. Mr.Cheeks

Not sure whether it was just me or not, i couldn't get it to install under MS Virtual PC... :blink

19. mojorisin

Ok thats it installed on my Virtual PC it needs a minimum of 512mb ram just to run !!!!

Also took about 3 hours to install it :biggrin

Also got it installed on my laptop on a fresh drive although my initial problem was it didnt pick up the laptop screen and only worked on the external monitor ???? so after i got round that issue by uninstalling the 2006 driver that vista had installed and rebooted it was fine on the laptop even though it installed the same driver again ?????

first impressions looks great speed wise seems to be fine no slower or faster so far than xp and it also has windows media centre as part of it so you can use it as a PVR if you have the correct hardware

need to download office 2007 and see what that looks like now

20. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

If I remember and understand this correctly, from my experiences in my previous role, it is not posible to subscribe to the Action Pack unless you are a member of the member program. One of the benefits of the Microsoft partner program is access to the Action pack subscription.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346