vista basic and file/folder sharing

Discussion in 'Software' started by dales, Feb 27, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

Im trying to find specific info on whether you can share folders with vista basic. looking round at the MS vista site the compare products doesnt really give me the specifics, just all the lovely marketing fluff.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not sure mate but it could be the same as XP home where you can't do certain things.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Yes looking at the website it says that you can do stuff with photos and wotnot so im assuming that you might be able to share files in one way or another, its a shame technet direct doesnt give you access to all the versions of vista so you can find out what its all about first hand.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Thats great thanks for that, someone i know wants to buy a laptop but it only comes with vista basic, and she wanted to know if she could share files with her vista business pc.

cheers again

6. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

You can share folders and printers.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs