virtual pc question

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by immoral giant, Aug 2, 2006.

1. immoral giant

immoral giant Nibble Poster

How do switch from inside Virtual PC to the host computer? I can't look at the help files, just says "Page cannot be displayed".

At the moment i'm pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del then canceling that, but I am sure there is an easier way.

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If the VM is running in full screen mode press Ctrl + Alt + Enter to return it to windowed mode.

If your keyboard and mouse are stuck withing the VM then press the Left Alt button on your computer to switch to the Host. You should really install the VIrtual PC tools on the Guest OS, as this allows the mouse to change automatically between the host and guest.

8)

3. immoral giant

immoral giant Nibble Poster

Thank you

Certifications: A+, N+
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

And not to get off subject, but just in case anyone is wondering how to do the same thing in VMware.......

crtl+alt releases the mouse from the guest OS back to the host OS, and if you install VMware tools it switches back and forth automatically.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+