Virtual Labs

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by CGooders, Sep 20, 2007.

1. CGooders

CGooders Bit Poster

Hi all,

Just want to know what the whole point of Virtual Labs are for???

I am currently doing some e-learning for exam 70-305 and I just dont understand what the labs will do to help? I go into a lab and as I aint good enough to develop my own applications yet, I just dont know what to do without looking at the "Sample Solution". Now when looking at the solution/ answer I think i'm not doing myself any justice as I am just following what is suggested to do and doing it correctly which seems to me like taking the easy way out.

However this might sound stupid but is it based to give you a "Sample Solution" to work off and you just have to do the steps within the Lab and learn what you are doing whilst in the Lab?

Please can anyone shed some light on the Virtual Labs and I would not mind knowing how anyone else tackled them?

Cheers

Certifications: Master CIW Designer
    WIP: Microsoft 70-305 & 70-306.
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

have you coded windows apps b4 you started the 305 press book?

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. CGooders

CGooders Bit Poster

To be honest I am a total beginner to programming so that is a no to your first question. Tell you the truth this bit is part of my course which I taken with my tp, I paid for it so got to do it.

I dont have a clue about a 305 press book all I know is that I am doing all my learning through e-learning off the MS website.

4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

whats the timeframe to complete your exam with your TP

5. CGooders

CGooders Bit Poster

Well I had 2yrs plus a CIW course but I got an extension due to some problems I had with the course but I think I got around 6 months to do the MCAD certification which is 3 exams, does that not sound very promising?

6. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

i think thats a pritty hard traget to meet, although you may want to start with a couple of more books before you have a go at the exam itself if your going for the VB.Net route then i would suggest MS VB 2005 step by step -> MS VB 2005: The Lanuage(The Beef) -> finishing with MS ADO.NET 2.0 Applications Advance Topics

7. CGooders

CGooders Bit Poster

Have you ever used MS Virtual Labs as I do not really understand the concept of them?

8. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

this is why i feel you may need some more fundamental training before looking at your exam press books I'm sure there designed with a whole Problem/Soultion aspect, i have bought all the book metioned above and set myself a target of at least 1 1/2 years before i touch any exams