Virgin Media like screwing people out of money

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by michael78, Sep 4, 2007.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

This takes the biscuit Virgin have illegally taken £141 out of my account and say it will take them 4 weeks to pay it back. I was with Virgin and left due to the abysmal ADSL speeds. I had an email from a manger saying he would waiver the fees and thought nothing more of it. I then checked my credit card last Tuesday and Virgin had taken a cancellation fee off me without any notice or warning. In all Virgin have went from being a good quality brand to being something I would spit on if they were on fire. The best part is there's nothing I can do about it. It's cost my 2 hours wages plus phone calls plus lost time talking to these idiots and I cancelled my credit card to stop them taking more money.

Nice one Virgin...:x

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

do you have the person's name who said would waive the fee? do you have anything in writing? If not, and you have an approxiamte time and date you could ask if they have the call logged - just a thought...

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

W@nkers eh

thats bad news, 4 weeks seems a bit over the top

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

That type is of thing is not unusual for Virgin.

Had telewest for years without any problems, then Virgin take over and I lost Sky one, had my broadband speed limited, get over charged and then, when an engineer picks up my set top boxes when i cancel my contract, I get a letter trying to charge me 150 quid per box as they hadn't recieved them!

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Boyce the email has he person's name and details and Virgin have admitted it's their mistake but won't pull their finger out to sort it.

Luddym, it's the same for me but in reverse as Virgin were fantastic until they joined with NTL and Telewest, since then the service went downhill and they don't give a sh@t.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I have to admit their service has gone downhill since Virgin took over...when it was Telewest...everything was sweet, speeds were not capped at certain times, the staff were helpful and u knew what you were paying for...now it seems they just want your money and dont care what service or support they give you...altho I hate they are operating I still prefer their broadband to anyone else...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life