Views on dynamics IT (applied to them through reed)

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by sultan, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sultan

sultan New Member

hello i applied to this "Microsoft Trainee I.T Customer Support Advisors" through reed and i received a phone call this
    morning from "s****" seemed friendly and told me to come to an interview tomorrow at moorgate, so he sent me the
    email for this. Now I thought do a bit of research before actually going to the interview i have read a couple of threads which show this company to be a money making scheme.
    If anyone could give me any feedback on this i would appreciate it

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Who?

Never heard of them.

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. sultan

sultan New Member

thanks batman lol

4. sidimmu

sidimmu Bit Poster

surely looking through all the posts on this site about the TP should give you enough information about experiences with them.

i personally would just not even bother with them.

5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I would say anything you do in life, use common sense, get as much information as you can from the company by asking them relevant questions, and make your decision based on that, dont be talked into signing anything unless you have read the Terms and Conditions and then ask even more questions until you are happy.

I personally wouldnt use a training company to get a job, as this seems a very expensive way to get into IT, but as im already in IT so my situation is different.

Good luck

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  6. Maggie78

Maggie78 New Member

Hi Sultan,

I did the same and paid for the certifications to get qualified. I worked there for 8 months on the helpdesk but left when I moved out of London. If you don't have the qualifications needed, they may offer you a job on condition of passing exams - I don't think they do that with everyone, but you may find they say yes to you.

It's up to you whether you wanted to go down the training route if you didn't have the qualifications it's self-study so you get what you put into it. I'm pleased I did it because I've now got the Microsoft name behind me. Worked for me. Let me know how it goes.

Maggie.

7. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

I don't know about the company but i saw one of their vans the other day on my way home from work so they must be legit and offer some decent services. They might just be quite hard to get into and have an odd way of going about recruiting. My view is if they were that bad, they'd have gone bust by now.

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  8. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Odd way of going about recruiting
    "I'm sorry, you don't have the required certifications. Once you have certs x,y,and z get back in touch and we should be able to find a position for you."
    Dubious way of going about recruiting
    Tempting people in with a "job interview" only to tell them that they don't have the required certs, which should be evident from their CV. However, if they shell out a few hundred pounds and pass some exams (one of which is retired) they'll get a job. If they do it quick enough.....and they need to be quick.Oh, and they best sign now because there's limited places and a lot of interest, they won't be able to guarantee that offer tomorrow.

From what I've heard of this lot, they're firmly in the latter category. Maybe they are legit and ethical and do just have an odd way of operating, but I'd go through every single word in any contract they offer before giving them any bank/CC details or signing anything. As you can probably gather they are always advertising so taking a few days to think about it and research the company and contract further.

"My view is if they were that bad, they'd have gone bust by now."
    Most of the dubious TPs seem to be pheonix companies. They operate for a few years until the complaints/legal actions build upthen shut down the company and start again. Same people, same modus operandi, different name. Is is possible that they have went bust several times before.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
    dmarsh likes this.
  9. Maggie78

Maggie78 New Member

Sounds like everyone's got different experiences - my advice would be make sure you read the contract fully and know that it's self-study. If you want to get certified and get a job, it seems to work fine and I never had any issues over being paid when they gave me a job at the end of my exams.

Maybe they've changed recruitment processes?

10. aslam506

aslam506 New Member

Salam Sultan

My first experience with Dynamics IT was in March, when I was invited in for an interview with Mark Basey, He was the IT Manager, I too was worried after reading the threads, but i went with my gut feeling. I completed my A+ and MCDST with ZENOS which was funded by the government. As i did not have any commercial experience I was rejected a few times with job interviews. Anyway I went to the Interview, I had to undertake a practical assessment. the Interview went well and recieved a call a few days later offering me a contract position, I accepted the offer and worked on a rollout project for 2 months. I am now working for a company in Watford ..... if you want to get some experience look at helping charities.....
    Aslam Ahmed

Certifications: MCDST MCSA MCSE
    WIP: MCITP 2008
  11. sultan

sultan New Member

thanks for all the help in the end i decided not to attend the interview, and in return ive had the most number of calls from recruiters in one day a couple saying they will call me back in a couple of days for possible interview, and mr aslam i will look into that thanks once again

12. J.Edgar

J.Edgar New Member

Don't bother with these people. After being contacted, they called me in for an interview the next day. I arrive promptly on time smartly dressed, then taken to an office for what I thought would be an interview. It turned out to be nothing but a sales pitch from the women who told me I needed to do the MCSA+M course in order to get this 21k job. They didn't fool me and left promptly. Whats so annoying is that they didn't explain this on the phone or on the email, so wasted a train journey going to their office.

13. Maggie78

Maggie78 New Member

It's a difficult one but for me I was just pleased to be trained and the support I got from Dynamics was great. It's self study but I had access to a 'mentor' who I could email to get advice and pass my exams. It sounds like I went for the same job as the post above, but after passing my training, they did pay me and I was really happy there. I moved when I left the area but it was a great experience for me.

I'd say if you want to get certified, it's a great way into the industry - just work hard and pass the exams! Some of my colleagues are still there working and not having issues with payment if that helps.

14. malar_047

malar_047 New Member

Hi maggie

Am malar. I got a call last friday from dynamics it solutions.they have asked me to come for an interview. I have read all the threats posted here and come to a conclusion that they will get some money from us for exams .But my question is will they offer us a job at the end of writing the cert. ? .. Am not worried abt the salary . I just need some 6-8months IT experience with them.. Is this my case. can i look forward to them ??

help me out

regards
    malar :)

15. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Really you'd only have the Microsoft name behind you if you worked at Microsoft, and even then it doesn't necessarily mean much, one ex-Microsoft employee I worked with was clueless, still thats probably why they were ex mircosoft...

Downright wrong way of recruiting...
    Oh you have no relevant skills or experience for the job in question, lets put you on a cram course to take exams designed for people with relevant skills and experience, then when you've braindumpped your way through them we will try and dump you on some poor unsuspecting employer who doesn't know any better...

Of course we'll still charge you at an experienced persons rate and cream off the top...

Ding ! Ding ! Winner !!! :)

If crime never paid there'd be no criminals...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  16. new_student_10

new_student_10 New Member

Hi all,

I got a phone call from "S****" yesterday afternoon (4th October 2011) and like most people I turned up to the interview today (5th October at 4pm). I completed their quick test and had the interview. They offered me the job as "they had to close the position today" (that mainly aroused my suspicions of a scam) .These people then made me sign a "contract", but I REFUSED to part with my money. As soon as I left the building I knew it was a scam of some sort. I'm just really worried about the contract i've signed.

STAY AWAY from this company they are nothing different from your common criminal.

Can anyone offer me any advice about the situtation about their contract?

Guy

dave786 likes this.
  17. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

You say you 'refused to part with your money' - but signed a contract with them? What did you think you were signing - a birthday card? Seriously - why would anyone ever sign anything without knowing what it was they were signing? Go in there tomorrow and tell them you have changed your mind - you should have a certain number of days to cancel the contract before it becomes legally binding. If you don't, then you've probably signed up to the course and will never get out of paying the money.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
    JonnyMX and dave786 like this.
  18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I try to be helpful, but I'm getting seriously tired of this time and time again...

19. Dynamics IT Solution

Dynamics IT Solution New Member

Hi forum users,

Thank you for taking the time to post and we appreciate reading your comments. We are a Microsoft Solution Partner and are bound by tight regulations from Microsoft to trade as such.

We do invite people in for skills assessments for ongoing recruitment within the company but if the interviewee doesn’t possess the skills, we can offer to train them and then give them a paid role on successful completion of the exams. This has successfully happened on many occasions and we have a strong team of people working in our support centre who have come through this process.

Before any money is exchanged, we invite the applicant to take away the contracts, read though them at their leisure and send them back if they wish to proceed. There’s no obligation to proceed with the training at any time and we are completely up front at all times with regard to skills and any training that may or may not be required.

If anyone is having problems, we urge you to get in touch with us and we will happily talk you through your options and most importantly, get you the career in IT that you are ultimately after.

In reply to Guy’s post, he did come in for a skills assessment and we talked through his desire to get some experience to complement his degree. He had been working as a cleaner since 2007 and didn’t have the necessary skills needed to gain employment with us at this stage. We did offer him the opportunity to learn and we talked through all the options with him. After reading the contract, Guy did sign the forms, although emailed to cancel the contract afterwards. As no money had exchanged hands, we were happy to cancel the contract and withdrew his application. At no time were there any issues surrounding this and we wish him all the best for the future and with his journey into a career in IT.

We do hope that this post clears up any issues people are having. We are a Microsoft Solution Provider and if people don’t have the necessary skills for our roles, we offer the opportunity to train if we feel the candidate has enough skills to make it in this exciting sector. If we don’t believe this to be true, no training or job opportunities are offered. Before any money exchanges hands, candidates are talked through any training and job offers and are encouraged to take the contracts away and read them with family and friends. We can’t stress this point enough. People choose to train with us and many are successfully working in IT.

Thanks.

Dynamics IT Solutions.

20. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Had to happen sooner or later. :rolleyes:

Um, surely the above is between you and Guy and as a company you shouldn't really be posting personal details about one of your customers on a public forum.

I appreciate that there are people who get the wrong end of the stick, and there are people who will whinge about even the best run organisation in the world. But having read the posts on here regarding member's experiences with Dynamics, I'd say there is something going wrong somewhere.

And come on! Microsoft don't do 'certified partner for recruitment solutions'. That means you're in bed with them for either shipping products or training. If it's training, you are a training provider, not a recruitment agency.

I think I'm being kind when I say you're sending out very mixed messages...