Video tutorials

Discussion in 'A+' started by ee01akk, Feb 15, 2006.

1. ee01akk

ee01akk Bit Poster

Does anyone know where I can get some video tutorials with an instructor showing you the different parts of the PC etc whilst going through the A+ course? I need this because I have little experience in working with PCs and I need somebody to show me things visually before I take the exam.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

CBTNuggets. I've never used them before, but have heard good things about them.

8)

3. Jada

Jada Bit Poster

$449.00 :eek:

WIP: A+, N+
  4. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

buy a sybex book or similar... they generally have a video CD or similar...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  5. ee01akk

ee01akk Bit Poster

Thanks for your help guys. Thing is I need to get some hands-on/ visual experience with the certification, but I can't really afford to pay £600 or more to do a training course which is why I was thinking of getting some video CDs to help me.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Get yourself some old PC's Tear them to bits until theres just a bare case left, then rebuild them. - Practical hands on experience. No Video's needed! 8)

7. ee01akk

ee01akk Bit Poster

Thanks Simon. Do you know where I can get an old PC and how much it would cost me on average?

8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Try Freecycle - my local one frequently has older PCs on offer.

Also computer fairs - typical price for a working PII or PIII is about £25.

Also check the free-ad sheets, but be carefull. Some people seem to have an inflated idea of the worth of their old PC!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  9. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Try ebay, local schools, a google search for old PC suppliers, friends, family, etc. Know anyone who's just bought a new one? ask them for the old one.

Prices vary devending on source and age of PC, but anywhere fro about £25 - £200.

8)

10. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

I'm studying for my A+ with an old pc,win 98SE,win2000 pro and XP pro.Coupled with a good study guide you'll have everything you need without the training videos and without the cost.

A word from the wise advised me to 'get your hands dirty!' and thats exactly what I did,stripping the old PC to bits,rebuilding it and making it work in the process.There's no video that can offer the experience and knowledge you will gain from hands on self-teach..Point being,and apologies for waffling on,you don't necessarily need to spend oodles of hard earned bunce on materials that you could do without.

If you find yourself stuck,just ask.Someone at CF will be able to help and you'll be well on your way to your certification.

Good luck.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  11. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I know you don't want to spend out if you can avoid it, but you may want to consider the A+ course from LearnKey. It's hosted by Mike Meyers who is considered the daddy when it comes to the A+.

Expensive, but very good and would work well in conjuction with his book as that is supposed to be the best of the lot when it comes to studying the A+.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  12. diiypopin

diiypopin New Member

Erm , The newsgroups is a good option.

*************** Reference to illegal content removed (J)

See you there :twisted:

WIP: A+/N+