Video editors

Discussion in 'Software' started by nugget, Aug 30, 2010.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I need to edit a .avi file. Anyone got some tips about a free and easy to use video editor for an XP system? I've tried the kack called windows live movie editor in windows 7 and all I can say is that I hope the XP version is better.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Try camtasia, by techsmith, I use it, it seems to edit most things and you can get it on a 30 day free trail.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Thanks Joe. Looks a little complicated to learn for a one time use but I'll check it out. I had a look at the movie maker in Xp and it's even bigger kack that the one in Windows 7.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Killian

Killian Byte Poster

How about this;

http://videospin.com/redesign/default.asp

Never used it but supposed to be easy to use and its free. Suppose it depends what you want to do with it

Plus 1 for Camtasia Studio though. Awesome software but alas you have to pay after so many days :( Not sure if it does that annoying watermark thing too unless it's registered.

Certifications: See sig.
    WIP: Everything!
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

It's not too bad to learn, very good bit of software you can really go to town on it. But you do need a quick machine. or the thing will take forever to render the final video

No watermarks, I used it on the free trial before I paid for it

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree