VCE Software

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Sepher, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Sepher

Sepher Bit Poster

Long time since I last posted. Just wanted to grab some advice.

I'm training with a company that are a Microsoft approved training academy through my workplace. I've only done one classroom based course with them so far, and at the end of the course we started practicing for the exam. The tutor use this software called VCE. I searched online for some more practice exams and found this was brain dump material. So I raised it with tutor indirectly, and his attitude was that he needed to get us a pass on the exam. I wasn't too comfortable with it so didn't use the VCE exam software afterwards. Eventually when I did the exam, I saw for myself that a few of the questions were exactly the same as the VCE software. I raised a complaint with my workplace and soon after the tutor disappeared from the company I trained with and a new person came in to teach.

Now I've very against brain dumping, its cheating and unfair on the rest of us who have to work hard to get certified. My colleague is now doing the same training course with the same company again through work, and he has mentioned his exam is coming up and they have been practicing for the exam and the name VCE has come up again!

Surely as a Microsoft academy approved place they would get in a lot of trouble for passing students with brain dumping material?

Any advice on what anyone would do? I haven't told this colleague yet, would feel a bit horrible for putting him off and all but it shouldn't be the way to pass an exam.

Cheers,

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MCTS Windows 7
    WIP: CompTIA Security+
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Report them to Microsoft, provide the name of the company and instructor.

It's against the T's and C's when you take the exam that you won't steal the questions and using the brain dumps as a training center will probably get you struck off (most decent training centers will ask you to remove any illegal training material from site based on various requirements).

You may want to warn him that if Microsoft discover he cheated on his exam that he can be struck off from the certification list for cheating.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA