Using SDM with Lab Simulator

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by cajensen, Jul 23, 2010.

1. cajensen

cajensen Bit Poster

I am looking at getting a Lab Simulator like Boson NetSim . I would like to be able to practise with SDM as well.
    Can SDM be used with a simulator. Is there a way to launch SDM without an actual router or do I have to buy a router just for that purpose.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, MCTS 70-642, Security +
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sorry - NetSim doesn't include SDM. To be honest, I don't think anyone offers an SDM simulator product. That said, I know we've got a few SDM simulator questions in some of our ExSim Max Cisco exams...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. cajensen

cajensen Bit Poster

I was looking at NetSim again and it says it supports SDM Simulation.

4. BosonMichael

I'm popping open NetSim to see... and yep, you're right, it's there! Whoa... I stand corrected! We're better than I thought we were! :p

From our User Manual: "SDM option is available only with certain labs and can only be loaded from a workstation."

My apologies - I don't work on the NetSim side of the house. :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. cajensen

cajensen Bit Poster

Thanks for checking. I went ahead and got it.

I found the User Manual. Probably should read it.

6. BosonMichael

Yeah - it seemed a little tricky to get the SDM drop-down menu item to become clickable... had to click on a workstation first.

Let me know if you need anything - I'm sure I can get the answers from the right people! :)