Using A+ and Network+ as MCSA elective

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Sparky, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ok, so I filled out the form on the CompTIA website asking them to disclose my A+ and Network+ certs to MS so I can use it as my elective for the MCSA.

Has anyone else done this? I haven’t heard anything (this was over a week ago) from MS and my MCP Transcript has not been updated yet.

If nothing happens then I’ll probably just wait until I get the next MCP out of the way and get the MCSA cert sent through then. I wouldn’t mind having it now just to keep the paperwork up to date though!

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Spark,

I did see something on the Comptia Pro forum some time ago, basically saying it can take several weeks for it to *go through*.

I was going to do the same for my MCSA elective, and then decided to let the MCDST count instead.

If it hasn't sorted itself out in the new year, contact MS via the MCP site.

Merry Christmas

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Sparky

Yeah, will probably take a few weeks and maybe even longer with the Xmas hols.

Makes sense using the MCDST as an elective as it does keep all the paperwork together! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Yeah, i suppose it does, but i never planned it this way.

I was all geared up for the 290 after the 270, but thought it would be wise to gain the MCDST whilst the XP stuff is fresh in my head.

Si

5. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, Sparky, look for a *long* wait on that. I remember it took more than just a few weeks, but when I needed them applied for MCSA, it was there.

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I did it for Security+, long ago. I don't think it took that long.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hey Sparky,

I did that route, just to get the MCSA cert a little faster :)

For me it took just 2 weeks, filled out the Comptia form on the 3rd of Nov 2004 and it was credited to my MS account on the 17th of Nov 2004.

Hope this helps, so if 2 weeks is the approx time, you'll be a MCSA before the year is up :) Great way to end the year and to start a new year.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Seems like it took mine somewhere from 2-4 weeks to process.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  9. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

chill! It can take a good while... especially over christmas I'm thinking....

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  10. Sparky

Updated today, got a random email from MS saying congrats on my latest MCP certification, I thought this was weird as I already got this email after passing the 70-291.

Anyways, logged into the MCP site and the A+ and Network+ have been added as 'MCP -000' and also MCSA has been added. I have requested a MCSA welcome pack so Im thinking that will take around 6 weeks.

Not to fussed about the wait for the MCSA certificate but I just thought passing on the A+ and Network+ details to MS was going to be a hassle. I was wrong! :biggrin

11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Spark,

That is good news. I am glad you posted - you reminded me to order my MCDST welcome kit.

Merry Christmas

Si

12. Sparky

Nice one, another cert to add to the collection :biggrin