Users

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxspectrum, May 25, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I hope this is the right place

Im getting a laptop which is quite cheap, but there is a problem. The HD is partitioned, with 5 gig for one user and 35 for the main user. is there a way to get the pratitions as a whole and have me as the user overall, or do do i have to reformat totally.

Eddie

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

What is the OS and do you know whether it was partitioned for a 3rd party application?

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Depends if this was the original partitioning, and if you get the restore disks that mirror this.

There are just too many variables here. *Some* lappys have a weird partitioning structure, as this is part of the restore system.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Is this a brand spankers lappy?
    If it is might be an idea to either backup the restore partition or leave it (in case of drastic restoring).

If its not how abouts partition magic (as mentioned above) or you could convert it to a dynamic drive (depending on o/s) if you dont wanna erm.. 'aquire':tune partition magic.
    better option tbh would be partition magic or an equivalent since its so easy to change partitions on the fly.

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?