user receives warning that mailbox is full when it's not!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Boycie, May 24, 2010.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

windows 2000 fully service packed running exchange std 2003 with outlook 2003.

One user receives the message that they cannot work with exchange until their mailbox is cleaned up - there is the option to delete items etc although the point is the mailbox is not over it's (once restricted) limit.

The user usually works over windows vpn/outlook over rpc although i understand this happens on the domain also.

I know it's 2k but you know the crack:people paying the bills want to know why the other 60 mailboxes are ok...

Any suggestions before i delete the account and start again?

The

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Have you tried renaming the outlook.ost file and letting the client download a fresh copy of the mail file?

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Have you looked at the deleted items to make sure it's actually deleted? Have you also looked to see if they are running any kind of folder structure within the OST\PST file?

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I would check this too.

I've seen Deleted Items folder on the server being out of synch with Deleted Items folder on the client before.
    If that's it downloading fresh copy of the .ost file (as Notes_Bloke said) and than running mailbox cleanup wizard more than once should do the job.
    You might even get away without downloading fresh .ost if you're lucky.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure