User profile, part missing.

Discussion in 'Software' started by nugget, Oct 11, 2007.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Does anyone have an idea why the local settings folder in a users profile would not be copied to the server location to store users roaming profiles?

I've just had 2 recent incidents where the users profile has become corrupted and had to be deleted. Thinking that we could restore the email from the local settings folder in the profile stored on the server it was a big surprise to find that it wasn't there.

According to the couple of books that I've read :study it should be there and it also surprised the other guys as well (with many more years experience than me).

WTF :scratch

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Slow link?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I don't think so BM. Might have been a possibility when the network was set to half duplex though.:oops:

I checked through all the other profiles too and none of them have the Local Settings folder.:eek:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is the Local settings folder a hidden folder? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Yes it is but even with the folder settings allowing me to see hidden and system folders it's still not there.

6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Just had a quick blast around the net about this and it appears that by default the local settings folder does not roam, which I suppose when you think about what it mostly contains makes sense. I found a MS doc about it but it was directed at w2k server. google local settings and roaming profile!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing