Useful website

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by zxspectrum, Feb 25, 2018.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

So I have always wanted to get into linux a bit more, but in a fun way and I came across this site

https://overthewire.org

Basically you get challenges and have to solve them using linux commands. To do this you will need to run putty but thats it. I have only done the first 2 in the section called bandit and I have just learnt in linux how to read the contents of a file. You may not think thats a big deal but I couldnt do it before and now i can. So its a good way for me to learn rather than just listening to someone on a video or reading a book. I sort of think its like jogging and football. Both are good for you but jogging is very monotonous, whereas football you have to think a bit and also score more goals than the other team to win, well thats the way I am seeing it ha ha

You are advised to go down a set route but you dont have to. If anyone has been on the site and are ahead of the others please dont spoil it for them but feel free to advise them if they need it

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Leehaa and JK2447 like this.