usb freeview stick

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jas, Aug 17, 2006.

1. jas

jas New Member

does n e 1 know what settings go in these as when i do a channel search i get know channels even movin upstairs on laptop im in a freeview area so i thought i would get something..help:cry:

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF!

The problem with these sticks is the poor aeriel they have. Unless you are very close to a transmitter you will need to use an additional aerial to get a watchable signal.

This is on top of the problem with the Freeview channels that, unlike analogue signals, when the signal gets poor it cuts out completely.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

How old is the USB device, could you get your money back and try for something with an aerial that can be positioned etc.

And harry is right the signal can be somewhat crap at times, as when my box goes off i put the analouge telly on and the picture is perfect.

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. jas

jas New Member

thanks guys managed to get 33 channels with the stick aerial out of the window but now ill have to get an adapter so i can plug my own aerial in as i know this works ok coz ive got a freeview box

5. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I did see wee gadget on TV once that plugged into the TV arial that looked good.