USA Elections

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by AJ, Oct 31, 2004.

?

Who's Gonna Win

Poll closed Nov 3, 2004.
  1. George W Bush

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. John Kerry

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Boring I know, but who's gonna win. After the farce last time with the courts involved, who is going to be in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

like it matters either way
    Osama was right :)

I think there both pretty crap candidates to be honest, problem is no one goes for the little guy with the ideas, america just isnt built like that anymore (when i say, like that, i mean FREE and DEMOCRATIC)

Big business does not like who the little guys represent (that would be the PEOPLE), little guy gets no campaign funding
    little guy doesnt win

ahem, i'll stop before i get started :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

OMG AJ I was just about to post this same thread, lol.
    Good job I saw this thread first.Great minds eh :biggrin

I want Kerry to win.

I think Kerry will win.

This does affect us, because the US economy affects the rest of the world, including Britain.
    Bush's handling of the economy is terrible, and I can't see how Kerry could handle it any worse.
    I don't agree with Bush in many ways, he's a bigot.

Kerry to win:!: :usa

PS: Vote for brain for a better world, I've got loads of good ideas.Unfortunately, I am a little guy.

4. christof

christof Nibble Poster

unfortunately, as with all politics, it doesn't matter who " get's in ", they all read from the same book, and ultimately answer to the same people.

Money rules the world, and power corrupts. When you put the two together you get politics, and all the other big industries aimed at taking our money and individuality.

There that's my rant, I could go on a lot longer, but you might get the wrong idea about me, and start calling me a fanatic:twisted: !

Certifications: certificate of life!!!
    WIP: A+
  5. AJ

Ohhhh think that this could be a hot topic.

the rants going on, anyway I think that George W will remain in the Whitehouse. That doesn't mean that I want him in there, but I have no say in the matter.

Ho hum, lets see what tomorrow brings :rolleyes:

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

My money's on Kerry to win by a nose.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

I hope Kerry get's it myself, but after the 2000 *election*, I don't know if that's possible lol. I know all polititians shouldn't be trusted as far as you can throw them, but I believe Kerry is the better man in this case.

Pheonix, great point about democracy, how true, not only in the state's, but worldwide.

Anyway, i think Bush is a little too rightwing to be incharge of the world's biggest superpower, so all I've got to say right now is,

Drop Bush, not bombs (unless really neccesary lol)

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I think Bush will win but I probably want Kerry to win. If Bush did invade Iraq as they were a threat then when not invade North Korea on Iran who are a bigger threat. The answer is simple they saw a soft target in Iraq and used the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to invade. If we really wanted to make the world a safer place then North Korea is the biggest threat to world security but they aren't a soft target so are left alone. I do think the war was about freeing up oil but I also think they should of done the job of getting rid of Saddam first time around. Politicians are all the same they say one thing but do another so in the end it probably won't make a difference who wins.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

its not as big a problem worldwide as you might think PB
    sure we all have our problems

but we dont have the campaign finance culture, and the lobbying system that the US does, both those pretty much dictate who has the real power, and thats the companies with the billions of dollars

i disagree the old adage that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, i think there are plenty of people left who would make a stand for what is right, and not just a fat pay check, they often dont get recognised early enough to make a difference when needed

saying that the blindess of the people who vote for these morons is also a major factor, the majority of americans (through various forms of mind control, like, the government controlled media) think that patriotism is going to war with the little guy, that could harm us in sooo many ways (yeah, like steal some clean water maybe) they think patriotism is signing off on bills like the US Patriot Act and blindly following your president, who can't possibly be corrupt or wrong in any way

Patriotism is standing up and saying i'd rather of died on Septermber the 11th 2001 in a horrendous terrorist attack and go with the knowledge that my children and thier children will live in a free country, where all are equal, just like those before me did, rather than willingly giving up my rights, the rights that so many died for before me.

as of yet i havn't heard a single soul take that stand, so much for american patriotism

ahem, guess you got me started after all :)
    can you tell i have strong opinions on some things? :D

10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Don't get me started. I have to *live* here. :blink

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

lol@Trip, I was wonderin if you were gonna comment on any of this.

I agree that we don't have the same finnance culture as the US, and the culture that they now have is a bad thing. But, true Freedom and Democracy are pretty much impossible. Like communism, it make's sense on paper, but it can never *truly* work in practice. Not that I'm a commie lol, I agree that democracy is the best possible system.

However, my idea of freedom probly differs from yours, as much as your's differs from the next person. Also, when was the last time you got your say on anything? I don't mean in the pub, I mean you actually got to make a difference.

Sure, we get to vote for who we want in office, and we vote for what they stand for, but what about the stuff you and others want, like (just an example that I can think of, I'm not saying anyone supports this) the decriminalisation of pot? I think that the nation should be able to decided, not just the guy sat in office. That would be democracy. What the people want, not the goverment.

If I lived in a truly free country, I could buy and drink beer 24 hours a day, do any drug I wanted, walk around naked and pee on trees in the middle of the main street, during business hours, and no-one could say jack to me.

Now, I wouldn't want to live in a society where the above is do able, it would be complete chaos, but that's how a free society would be in my opionion. We need rules and regulations, but true "freedom" is a joke. True freedom is anarchy, not good I'm sure you will agree.

Now, the point pheonix made about patriotism, you spoke my mind mate. :D

Anyway, this is turning into a ramble, so I'm just gonna say, whilst waving the little flag I've made (slow day at the office lol)

GO KERRY!!!!!!!!! :D :thumbleft :usa

12. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Could be good news
    last night the Washintgon redskins lost to greenbay 28-14

for the last 17 terms the last redskins game before the election has been an accurate indicator of who will win the election, if the redskins win, the encumbant retains the white house, if the redskins lose, the encumbant loses the white house,

lets see if this holds true for another term :)

more detail at snopes

13. AJ

14. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Hasn't John Kerry got really demonic eyes.

How is it possible that George Bush sounds even more of a tit talking spanish than his does texan english.

Has anyone ever seen John Kerry's wife?

Was Laura Bush constipated one day and the wind changed, ie: her strange constant expression.

Did you see all of them fake George and Laura Bush decoys the other day during a Bush ralley?
    Me neither, they were cr@p, there's only one George doublewa, thank god.

Dick Cheney always looks like he's going to explode in anger, only to talk quite softly.Very unnerving.

John Edwards is an alien (full stop)

John Kerry always starts a sentence like it's going to be another inspiring "think not what your country can do........" but you soon realise it's nothing of the sort, so disappointing , ooh drat, come on Johnny.

Is John Kerry 8 foot tall, or should I not watch the tv whilst lying down?

The same people turn up at Bush's rallies, no matter where in the Country it's held.There's this one huge guy, goatey beard, peak cap, smokes a fat cigar..............ahh yes, just realised, he must be secret service.

Hmm where did all that come from, hehe.

Edit:

A new poll reveals that 95% of Americans have no idea where Ohio is.
    (mods are gonna love me :D )

A new poll reveals that 5% of Americans couldn't care less where Ohio is, as long as it's nowhere near Washington DC.

Voters have been assured that they're quite safe when going to vote, despite the obvious horrific decision between voting for Kerry or Bush.

Ahh that's better.

PS: Maybe more tomorrow, I'm tired, that's all folks:!:

15. AJ

Poll was right then :rolleyes:

16. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

Unfourtunatly so :cry: :x

Read in the local paper this morning that they're are a record number of American's applying for residence in Canada. Guess they just can't stomach another four years of curious George. lol

Trip, if your in this boat, the door's always open mate, I trully feel for you. 8)