US Election - Who will win?

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by delorean, Nov 4, 2008.

?

Tonight the next President will be....?

1. Barack Obama

85.7%
  2. John McCain (Oven Chips)

14.3%
  1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

With the big day finally here, who do you think will be the next president of the USA tonight?

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

McCain will win. That big ol' bunch of peeps in the middle of the country will all vote for him, irrespective of what they may have said to pollsters in the lead-up to election day.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Me ! :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I thimk Zeb could be right and I'm sorry to say if Obama wins some redneck racist will probably shoot him.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well, I started to launch my campaign for the Whitehouse approximately two years ago with a budget of $500 Million.

Ran into a slight problem though not a US citizen.....*grumbles*

On a serious note, I was actually moved watching some of the news here earlier. The amount of people queueing to vote is amazing. People in the US certainly want change...

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...just not Obama's version of "Change". :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If only a general election was taken more seriously over here, the problems is we never have anyone good enough, they're all muppets who have never done a days work in their life.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I hope people would vote fair and not bring colour as a deterant:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Actually the polls are indicating that the vast majority of Americans do want Obamas version of change
    or perhaps that's just because he is the only one offering change? McBush will just continue the downward spiral of the last 8 years.
    The ammount of republicans around here (and trust me, this is a rebublican stronghold) going against party lines is astonishing, I know atleast a hundred registered republicans voting blue today
    All the smart ones will tell you that voting party lines is the problem with this country anyway, and truer words could not be spoken, vote for the person, not for the party, perhaps if more people adopted that attitude we would start getting a few worthy leaders? who knows

Of course being America is not a true democracy, nor is the decision of who leads it based necessarily on the results of the popular vote, does it really matter?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  10. BosonMichael

...just like the "polls" indicated a landslide Kerry win in 2004. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I dont really think the US is ready for a black president as really to be honest they are a very racist country and if he does get elected then i dare say hell be shot. Remember also that the thousands of votes for al gore in the 01 election (i think) were tens opon thousands of votes by black citizens were totally dismissed.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I would have voted for Colin Powell in a heartbeat.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. BosonMichael

Originally, I would have as well... until he endorsed Obama for president.

Now, Condi Rice... I would have voted for her in a heartbeat.

14. BosonMichael

Actually, we're not a "very racist" country. Obama captured a large percentage of votes from white people. Sadly, the reverse wasn't true; McCain captured an extremely small percentage of votes from black people (sometimes in the single-digits of percentage points).

If you're going to make the statements... do the research.