Problem Urgent Problem With Exchange 2007 Message Queue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dazzo, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Hi All,

Been dealing with a problem all day where the emails in Exchange 2007 are just not going through properly. They are all stuck in a submission Queue or a Queue defined by the servername and domain name. xxx.xxxx.local.

Has anyone had this problem before? The emails are coming into the queue but from there none are going to users mailboxes. If I restart the transport service a few come in but then the queue builds up again. Alot of the entries are from 'Message Source Name' Journiling and it looks like there are thounds of them and some from the previosu few days.

The actual emails seem to dissapear from the queue and not show but they never reach the inteded users' inbox.

Any possible resolution for me to try?

Greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
    Darren

Certifications: A+, MOS: Master 2010, Network +
  2. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Has the database run out of space ?

Have a look at this link sounds similar http://www.networksteve.com/exchange/topic.php/Exchange_2013_journaling/?TopicId=50303&Posts=6

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup - what is the disk space like on the server?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Thanks for the replies. Thought it was the space at first as we had that a few times. Turns out I had to stop the transport service and re create the queue foler. After I did this the flood gates opened. Had dell check the hardware too but that turned up all fine. I also stopped the journaling for the weekend too as most of the messages where for that service and the mailbox it was journaling to was very large. I will probably reinstate this on Monday using a new journaling folder until I clear the old one!

5. Sparky

Was the queue folder full of files?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  6. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Only 4 files. Two text files and two JRS files.

Should I expect to see more in there? The mailflow is still fine today and no reported issues internal or external.

7. Sparky

I avoid using journaling tbh as it does need managed on the server if you have the time.