Resolved !URGENT! Driver Install issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by westernkings, Mar 20, 2010.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hey guys,

I have just reinstalled Windows, everything went fine. I now need to install the Matrox Storage Manager and my RocketRaid2300 Card. However, if I go into device manager, choose update drivers (and then location etc) it tell me it can't find the drivers, without even thinking. Despite the fact I am pointing them at the right drivers, in several locations it still claims it can't find any for both these devices.

Any Ideas?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Are you booting from this volume? If so, you probably need to find the correct driver and load it before the Windows installation (pressing F6 when the install asks you if you want to load a third-party RAID driver). That sucks if it's the case - because you'll have to go through it all again...

:(

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. westernkings

I'm not booting too it.

The Matrox has nothing but a single Hard Drive attached to its port. and the RocketRaid has my RAID10 Array on it. Both appear in Device Manager, but literally, no mater what I do, it says "Cannot find the device Driver".

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Weirdsville. 'RocketRaid' would be one of those moody fakeraid adapters, correct? Maybe there's some limiting setting in the BIOS that needs enabling? Most every useful setting comes disabled as standard in many BIOSes nowadays to cut down on support calls from idiots who can't figure out how to hit F2 to enter it and change anything :)

Nothing useful on the manufacturer's site? Sure the drivers are unpacked properly?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. westernkings

It appears to have fixed its self, 9 restarts later I could finally install the drivers. What a bloody odd one.