UPS problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raffaz, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Ive just noticed that my UPS isnt working (as in linking thru serial, its powering my pc fine tho). I looked in services and it was disabled, so i tried to start it and got "error 2481 the ups configuration is wrong". Anyone know whats wrong with this? Cheers

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Is there a 'self test' button on the UPS?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Googling for this seems to suggest that this is dependant on the make and model of the UPS, and that some of them come with software which you should use instead of the M$ software.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

The service that you mentioned that is disabled will not stop your UPS from working, it just means that you will not be able to use Windows to manage the device and you will have to install the software that was supplied with the unit to manage it.

HTH

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Cheers ive got it working now, i had to uninstall the drivers and software and then re-install. I thought that the UPS service would still controll it, so that threw me lol.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house