Upgraded MCDST (MCITP) as MCSA Elective

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kwak, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

Hi there,
    I am pursuing the MCDST at the moment and was going to follow up with the Upgrade path to MCITP Enterprise Support 070-621.

The question is will the MCDST remains in your transcript and not get overwrite with the upgraded MCITP cert?
    I'm concerned that the upgraded MCITP cert will not qualify me for the MCSA elective requirement because a MCDST is an elective but not the MCITP.

Thanks for your input.

Certifications: MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP->MCSA
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Im sure that you will keep your mcdst and also gain the mcitp, Im planning to do the same myself after i@ve done the 290 just to have something a little easier before having a go at 291.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You will not lose your older certifications when you upgrade to newer ones. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

Good to know guys, thanks.

Off-Topic: BosonMichael, the MCTS Vista book is excellent! :thumbleft

5. BosonMichael

Thank you for the kind words - BosonJosh and I appreciate it! :)

Would you be so kind as to review our book on Amazon? The more people who know it's a worthwhile study tool, the more people will purchase it. :)

Thanks again. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. Kwak

Kwak Bit Poster

BosonMichael, a positive review has been left on Amazon.com. Should appear after 48 hours or so.
    Check your PM, thanks.

7. BosonMichael

Much appreciated! Thank you!

No PM received yet, though. :)