Problem Upgrade Win2003 IAS server to Win2008 NPS Server - Cant download hotfix

Discussion in 'Software' started by Coupe2T, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Hi All,

As title really, trying to complete an upgrade, and rather than having to re-add all clients manually, which would be painstaking in my environment, as there are a LOT of AP's and controllers to add, I wanted to download the hotfix from the following kb article:

NPS servers in Windows Server 2008 systems cannot import configuration settings that were exported from IAS servers in Windows Server 2003 systems

When I click the link for the download though I get an error message pop up saying 'Missing client HIP object', then when I try to request the download I don't have the Captcha thing to input the characters so I am unable to get the link for the download. Anyone able to do this for me and pop the link up here to the download? I tried searching in download centre etc but no joy there either! :-(

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Here you go, bro.

Kind of sucked having to have it emailed to you. Bit pointless if you ask me!

Code:
    Date: Nov 6, 2012 12:33:15 PM
    Subject: Hotfix download link you requested

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For your convenience, we put the hotfix that you requested on an HTTP site. You can download the hotfix from this site without us filling up your e-mail inbox.

WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing. Therefore, it is intended only for systems or computers that are experiencing the exact problem that is described in the one or more Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are listed in "KB Article Numbers" field in the table at the end of this e-mail message. If you are not sure whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, we encourage you to wait for the next service pack release. The service pack will include a fully tested version of this fix. We understand that it can be difficult to determine whether any compatibility or installation issues are associated with a hotfix. If you want confirmation that this hotfix addresses your specific problem, or if you want to confirm whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, support professionals in Customer Support Services can help you with that. For information about how to contact support, copy the following link and then paste it into your Web browser:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

For additional support options, please copy the following link and then paste it into your Web browser:

http://support.microsoft.com/

Before you install this hotfix
    ------------------------------

If you decide to install this hotfix, please note the following items:

Do not deploy a hotfix in a production environment without first testing the hotfix.

Back up the system or the computer that will receive the hotfix before you install the hotfix.

Additional hotfix information
    -----------------------------

NOTE For your convenience, we send the hotfix location to you in a hyperlink. To connect to this hotfix location, you can click the hyperlink in the "Location" field that is listed in the table at the end of this e-mail message to have your Web browser open that location. However, sometimes e-mail program settings disable hyperlinks. If the hyperlink in this e-mail message is disabled, please copy the hyperlink in the "Location" field and then pastes it into the address box of your Web browser. Make sure that you include the exact text (without spaces) between the parentheses in the http:// address.

Package:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KB Article Number(s): 955995
    Language: All (Global)
    Platform: x64
    Location: (http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%20Vista/sp2/Fix255861/6000/free/370150_intl_x64_zip.exe)

NOTE Make sure that you include all the text between "(" and ")" when you visit this hotfix location.

3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yeah tell me about it!

Thanks though Ade! Life saver! Will hopefully be able to get it deployed in the morning and will save me a bucket full of time! :)

Really appreciate you taking the time to help me out! :D

4. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

No worries. Have "fun" deploying.

5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Well that's annoying, after getting the file onto the server, when I try to run it then it tells me that it's not intended for this computer!

So that kb article appears to be completely wrong! :cussing

6. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Is it because it's x64? Do you need the x86 version? If you find the hotfix, no problem downloading it for you.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  7. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

No, it's a 64bit version I am trying to install onto. I thought the exact same thing so had to double check. No idea what's going on. Crappy MS and their incorrect info/articles! lol.