Updated Study Materials

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by invierno, Apr 25, 2008.

1. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

I just took 70-272 today ( 4/25/08 ) and unfortunately failed it again :rolleyes:

So! I decided to come to you generous board participants and ask for some help. In a nutshell, everything I have studied focuses very heavily on configuring Microsoft Office products, whereas both iterations of the test I have seen do not deal with that at all (and I mean, ZERO questions on that material). What I have been using to study are the following:

MCDST: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Study Guide: Exams 70 - 271 and 70 - 272 (published by Sybex)

MCDST Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-272): Supporting Users andTroubleshooting Desktop Applications on Microsoft(r) Windows(r) XP, Second Edition (Microsoft Press 2006, includes Service Pack 2)

I'm at a loss; I don't know what to use to study because Sybex had been highly recommended to me but it too does not come anywhere near the actual difficulty/content of the exam. What should I do? I continually score embarrassingly-low on the Configuring Connectivity for Applications objective. As a professional tutor and honors college student, I place a very HIGH priority on integrity and want to use valid materials.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I think sometimes it is easy to miss the *main* reason for sitting the exam; in this case to master XP, IE and Outlook.

I would use them all as much as you can before sitting the exam. This with your chosen material and some practice questions, you should be ready to go.

Good luck.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT