Upbeat news on IT sector

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by UKDarkstar, Dec 23, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Just had this through from Matchtech :

http://matchtech.newsweaver.co.uk/1ajaaja4sqf1khxodvdvg0?email=true

Seems like things might be picking up a bit which is good news for all of us.

Here's to 2010 ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

But unemployment is still increasing and GDP is still negative! Also the public sector cuts are still on the cards for 2010 onwards...and that ain't going to be pretty!

Hate to say it, but it's just another VI article.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I agree with drum - its to get their name noticed, try to get some more business in.

I use one rule, if they have agent in their job title they're normally not worth listening too (ie, VI) - estate agent, recruitment agent and travel agent.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I disagree guys. I've dealt with the consultants at Matchtech for some time and they are one of the (few) genuine recruiters.

They have a good take on my area too (being about 40 miles away).

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. drum_dude

Maybe so UKD, but that article is total bullsh1t on the level of an estate agent! My local NHS trust is 60 million in debt and they have already announced (in the local rag) that IT will be the first to be chopped!

Don't know if you noticed but this govt is printing money on a massive scale to keep house prices high! No govt has ever done that BUT it's all at the expense of jobs! Mortgages do not create jobs but investment does! This govt is crowding out the credit market and borrowing/printing just to keep the false sense of wealth alive! The sooner they cut the feckless loose the better!

Our national debt is approaching 1 Trillion plus we're on the verge of credit rating downgrade! That alone should scare the sh1t out of you! We have the ALT-A and ARM mortgage crisis in the US to hit next plus the ratings agencies have downgraded our banks due to their exposure to RESIDENTIAL debt! We're talking about right downs that are over 100% of the UK's GDP?? And of course there is our bank's exposure to Dubai, Greece, Latvia etc.

The UK is only -3% GDP away from official depression?

Labour and the US Democrat Party have completly ruined the show for the next 10 to 15 years. 40 Trillion has been p1ssed up the wall! The end result will be war and it'll be over nothing (they'll tell us it's over terrorism and 'scarce' resources).

So here's to 2020! As for your article? Just more VI ramping of a dead market!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  6. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

unfortunately that is true, as I am living proof of this. I got cut from the NHS six months ago because of this reason and so did my other colleagues :(

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  7. drum_dude

Crikey, sorry to hear that Mallet! I'm guessing you've managed to gain employment?

What angered me the most about the article (the one I mentioned about NHS cuts) is that the Cheif Executive was bleating in the local rag about how he's going to create a lean and mean NHS?? He's been in the post for nearly 10 years? But only now he decides to make such a bold move! Him and the other cretins on the trust's board (salaries in excess of 100k a year) are in his words "Protected by law". Yep none of them can be made redundant as the law requires their posts to be there!

Great!

8. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

I had a few interviews in the last month but had no luck in securing work. Problem now is, a lot of the agencys are closed this week and wont start up until next week. so its a its a dry week for me in terms of looking for work. Hopefully the new year should be good to anyone looking for work again. Its scary how much they get paid for doing jack some times :dry

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeah - it's all about Labour and the Democrats.

Madre de DIOS! The democratic party has been in power for about 11 months fer chrissakes! They're reaping what the Republicans have sown over the past eight years with the ridiculousness of the subprime loans nonsense (giving 300k mortgages on shacks worth 150k to people who earn 20k a year)

As for Labour's part in the sorry state of affairs economically in Britain, are you really naive enough to think that it would have been any better under the Tories? No - it would have been worse. In any case, our situation is different to the US - our economy is much more services (and, specifically, financial services) based than pretty much any other nation on Earth - it only stands to reason that any economic crash will affect us worse than it affects countries who actually still have something left to produce. And what have you got to blame for that? Seventeen years of tory rule asset-stripping the country bare leaving us with an economy that isn'#t worth the paper we can't import fast enough to print it on!

I believe entirely in the sentiment of your post - it's just an agency talking bollocks about the state of the market they service to try and drum up more interest/false optimism. Blaming it on labour and the democrats, however, is utter nonsense.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. drum_dude

The sub prime loan crisis can be traced all the way back to the US Democrats with the laws/acts that Clinton passed that effectively forced Fannie and Freddie to underwrite sub prime loans all for the sake of affordable housing. That act in itself created the real estate bubble in the US. It was Bush's govt that actually challenged what was going on only for them to meet opposition from the Democrats!

Blair and Brown visisted the states in 94 and were so in awe of Clinton and the Fed guy Greenspan, that they just copied their policies and introduced them to the UK.

Did I mention the Tories??? No I didn't...they've been out of power for what 12 years now? But the mess Brown and Blair have created is FAR WORSE then what Thatcher and Major did...FAR WORSE!

Just remember this: Blair copied Clinton...Brown copied Greenspan! The result? DEPRESSION!

As for the Democratic party, well yep they have been in for 11 months...but their actions over a decade ago are biting hard! As for Obama...that guy is a fraud, sooner he is out the better! You cannot operate on Debt!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  11. drum_dude

Oh and in all the years of Tory rule, I seem to remember credit being hard to come by? Even in 97 I was turned down for a mortgage that was 2.5 times my income...and then came Labour...along with 6 times your income!

I remember Tory housing busts and Booms and Busts...but this fecker we see before us is one mother of a bust! It's a typical Labour bust x 6 (like the mortgage to salary multiples that they allowed)...that will most likely see them running to the IMF! That's if Brown is in long enough of course!