unallocated space!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pctech64, Jun 9, 2008.

1. pctech64

pctech64 New Member

Hello! ......I'm in a spot of bother!::rolleyes:...have been trying to figure out HOW to get my unallocated space back?.
    the prob or rather dilemma is I have a 160 gb as a master (c) & a slave 80gb (d).. The 'c' drive it's showing TOTAL size 78 gb with apprx 63 free!.:blink......Now I'm gonna be honest here I have been using partition magic (full) with not to much success.. bla bla.... & also have acronis disk suite & likewise, me thinks I've made a mess of things (honesty for ya!)....so if any of you guys have a soloution to this problem that'll be great!....
    ...................................................................................................................................................In respect to the 'slave' same prob there saying its' a 40gb drive!..nuts....with a mere 37 gb spare these two
    'errors' that YEP! I HAVE created myself me thinks need to be rectified!!..:cry:there MUST be a way to redeem the initial & correct sizes for BOTH the drives to show up as normal if that's the word I'm looking for!
    thanx ........& thanx..................pps....forgot to mention on the 'c' drive there IS a recovery partition! to which is now approx 3.5 gigs ( but I'm happy for the recovery partition to stay there at that size?)...MMmmm
    that's it hope to get help sooooon......cheers........

Certifications: CISCO hardware & software(IT essentials)
    WIP: more certs! internet marketing.
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Have a read through this thread :-

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread25736.html

Similar issues were discussed in there over the last couple of days that may be helpful to you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Which OS are you using? Are the drive partitioned as FAT or NTFS?

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

some of that posting in morse code or something like that? Or perhaps CF have a new censoring program on the go?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

- - -

:biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I think his . key is stuck down and auto repeating. If he types really quickly he can get words in between the dots. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I suppose that would make partitioning extremley difficult too! LOL :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  8. pctech64

pctech64 New Member

Hello ..mr mathematix .......I'm using ntfs...running on xp pro (media) A bit of good news! after what seemed like day's & day's of TOIL! managed to get the master (c) showing the right size in gb's for the hd!..it will do as like I said before there is a 'recovery' partition ( usually they take up a quite a bit of room!).so in a nutshell just have to get the same result for the 80gb hd??.but I don't think there's any 'free space' to assign ? ...maybe you do have a few solutions?.. many thanx.....PS. have read the post sent in earlier directing me to the appropriate 'thread'........

Certifications: CISCO hardware & software(IT essentials)
    WIP: more certs! internet marketing.