Unable to login using Domain account

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by stolenblessing, Apr 18, 2008.

1. stolenblessing

stolenblessing Nibble Poster

Hiya,

I have a windows box. I am trying to connect using Domain ID. It gets freezed at "Applying Computer Settings".

If I am logging in using Local Admin account, it works fine.

Anybody knows what can be causing this issue?

Certifications: CCNA, MCP (70-290)
    WIP: 70-291
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

What group policies do you have on the computer/user, also corrupted profile might be a possibility. if you dont have any gpo's then goto the docs and settings folder and rename the users profile so it has to create a new one.

ooh ooh, what about roaming profiles does the user have one of those!?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. stolenblessing

i have deleted the profile folder, but still the issue is there..
    Any idea....

4. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Has the user logged onto that particular PC before? How long have you waited? What spec is their PC?

It could be that they have a lot of gumf to load up....took 45 mins to get passed that stage (load settings) once when trying to log on with my domain account onto a colleagues PC - seriously!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Local Admin would logon locally wouldn't it? Are you sure there isn't an issue on the network per se? Can you logon using another domain account?

6. stolenblessing

No network issue as I am accessing the computer through terminal services client..

7. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I take it the machine is near you? Can you logon to the machine using the Domain account without using TS?

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Get in front on the PC and trying logging in with a cached domain profile with the network cable unplugged.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

1. ensure theDNS and tcp etc are correct.
    2.Reset the machine service account
    3. Try joining it to the domain, caching a login, then removing it from a domain.
    4. Try another Pc not connected to the domain with pass through authentication.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff