umm hello....

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Power to people, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Power to people

Power to people New Member

Hi Guys & Girls

Just joined these forums so thought a little info about me would be in order to get some advice in return....

So, I'm currently working in IT Support have been for around the past 15 years or so worked for a few different companies some better than others obviously, I am trying to work towards getting MCDST, I have been on the proper microsoft course about a year ago and didn't bother with the exams but now want to get them - with a little nudge from my boss - the company will pay for the exams as long as I pass (and don't leave as soon as I've taken them) !!

I've bought myself the Exam Cram 2 books and taken a few of the tests and am getting around 55% so have a bit of work to do to get to the 70% mark, currently doing about an hours revision per night and a few hours on weekends (when I'm not at football !!).

I am currently studying for 70-271 as I thought it would be easier to study for 1 exam and then pass and study for the other save confusing myself with 2 together and making it harder.

So basically any tips and tricks etc that anyone who has done the MCDST can pass on is more than welcome obviously.

Not sure how long it will take me to get to a steady 70-80% so be ready for the exam, hopefully not too long.

WIP: MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :D

Sorry I dont have any advice about MSDST as I am studying towards the compTIA A+ at the mo, but I am sure someone on here will able to give you advice.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Welcome,

I'd purchase the MS books and work through those - exam cram is really for extra prep and can't be used as a full study guide! Oh and their tests are not very good either...compare them to trancenders and you'll see what I mean!!!

Good luck

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to the forum 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums, althought I as well havent gone for the MCDST as yet, I do strongly agree that going for one exam at a time is a good idea. Good luck mate :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012