Umbrella company

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by manc_uk, Jul 19, 2006.

1. manc_uk

manc_uk New Member

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of sorting myself out an umbrella company does anyone have any recommendations?

thanks
    Chris

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The results for a search on the word 'umbrella' here on CF.

You should find some good advice somewhere in that lot! 8)

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=78250

3. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Ive been using safe solutions for 4 weeks now upon a recomendation, and ive had no problems, they are very professional, even have an online account section you can check your information on

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  4. bloomfieldliam

bloomfieldliam Bit Poster

I am in the process of sigining up with Parasol IT, just got to send them a fax to complete the procedure, I haven't had time to look into Umbrella Companies as the start date for my job is looming and they sound good but I know little about the whole concept.

Liam

Certifications: A+, MCP XP, MA in IT, ECDL
  5. sainge

sainge New Member

Well I've been with a Comany called "Giant", i am extremely impressed with the overall service provided.

http://www.giantgroup.com

Certifications: MCP (70-210) W2K
    WIP: MCSA
  6. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

ID heard giant was the biggest one (and the most established)- but not necessarily the best value (well for me at least, as im entry level) - some are % based, and some are flat rate based

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  7. sainge

sainge New Member

You're right their certainly not the cheapest however the rate is a flat fee based at £28 per week.

The customer service i've received has been excellent. The main reason i went with them was the positive feedback i had received with other contractors i work with.

Once you've signed up you're also allocated an account manager, which saves time speaking with multiple people, who dont communicate with one another.

Just take your time to choose the right company for you.

Certifications: MCP (70-210) W2K
    WIP: MCSA