UK Training Provider

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by merchpe, Jun 10, 2009.

1. merchpe

merchpe New Member

Hi

Can anyone recommend a UK training provider which has lab facilities ? I'm thinking of taking Comp TIA+Net+ and MCDST to try and start my IT career. I was made redundant and come from an engineering motosport back ground so I'm hoping this will give me a good start and unlike our MP's because I have savings I can't claim for anything so its crucial I make a good choice.

Thank you all :)

2. itskillsguy

itskillsguy Nibble Poster

Seek Learning
    Business Development Academy
    Advent Training
    QA
    Firebrand
    PPI

There is loads - most of them that do face-to-face learning have a lab/workshop.

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome:)

why not set up your own lab and self study? It isn't very difficult, if I can do it then you can too.

If you need advice and guidance then there is this place and it won't cost you a penny either..

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

In the northwest we use Xpertise.co.uk (QA) and Remarc.co.uk both very very good training firms that use face to face and labs. Cost you a pertty penny though as an individual and probably more suitable if your company are going to pay for your courses 8)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Many local colleges run nightclasses for the popular certs which generally involve lab sessions either on VM's or live kit.

It might take a bit longer as they tend to run to a fixed timetable, but they probably offer better training and value for money than many TP's.

6. meh

meh Bit Poster

I take my exmas with Xpertise.co.uk (QA) and they seem like a professional outfit. Although i do all my training with Global Knowledge, they are expensive, but very good.

Certifications: CIW, A+, N+ 3x MCP
    WIP: MCSA 2003, CCNA
  7. merchpe

merchpe New Member

Thanks for the advice, I've found a college nearby where I can take CompTIA A+ part time and I've inquired at a local PC repair shop to see if they will let me work for them free of charge to gain some knowledge. I guess the MCSDT is the one I'll need to look for a training provider of some sort.

8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you get the A+ and N+ then the MCDST will fall neatly into place at least the 70-271 will. Both of those compTIA certs will prepare you well for the MCDST so you really shouldn't need a TP if you can do the A+ and N+ by self study.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. KevinLing

KevinLing New Member

I would suggest either doing A+ and N+ or MCDST not both, the reason for this is becuase you can use A+ and N+ as an elective for the MCSA, alternatively you can use MCDST as an elective but you cannot use both.