TV Themes

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Jul 7, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I was off work yesterday and I spent most of the day downloading theme tunes from old TV programs....and I tell you what they certainly brought back memories...I even danced to a few of them...:oops: here are some of the few I have downloaded...A-Team(which had me in stitches cos it had the sound effects), Dallas(we still dont know who shot JR!!), Littlest Hobo(Lou's fave), Thundercats (thunder, thunder, thunder, thundercats...hhoo!!!), Falcon Crest(oh what joy!), Diff'rent Strokes(what you talkin' bout Mr D!!), Batman(thats the 70s version), Duck Tales, the list goes on children but this is just a few I can list for now...oh and who can forget the likes of MacGyver and Magnum PI? If yuo guys have faves of your own let me know and I'll tell you if I have it or not...if I aint got it I'll make sure I do get it.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have the Ducktales and Transformers movies on DivX

Transformers themes are funny :)

Airwolf is still the greatest 80s theme tune!!!!!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The A-Team was one of my favourites, it always amazed me how they would get locked in a barn with nothing but potatoes and a mower and bust out with a spud gun cannon firing tank. An where the hell did they get that welder from? :dry

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

yeah but nothing beats mcgyvers uncanny nack for constructing thermo nuclear warheads with a swiss army knife and silly string!

5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I have to agree with you there Si...its the same for MacGyver...somehow he always manages to find tools from thin air...and Phoenix I got the full length version of Airwolf...I downloaded Transformers but it wasnt what I was expecting so I scrapped it....but they are still brilliant...I say bring them back on TV....I miss them so much...its a shame cos Sky dont even show the likes of A-Team at all...but here's to hoping.

6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I can only laugh at that Phoenix....

7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I was at it again last nite. after leaving the chat room I went to a site and downloaded more TV Theme Tunes. amongst them were Bravestarr, Dangermouse, Trapdoor, Mysterious Cities of Gold (all time fave) and Count Dukula. oh and lets not forget Dogtanian. I couldnt contain myself any longer and ended up laughing my head off....:D but my god they bring back memories....the rest of the list consist of Jamie and the Magic Torch, Defenders of the Earth (how catchy was that tune?), Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, M.A.S.K, Galaxy Rangers, Transformers and Denver the last dinosaur...Rock On!!! My next lot will include hopefully Ulysses 31, Bucky O'Hare, and no doubt many more I cant think off the top me head. Blimey if I get a decent collection I will copy them onto CD. wahey what joy. isnt the Internet so fantastic especially if you have broadband...:biggrin

8. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Thunder....

Thunder....

Thunder....

Thunders Cats are go !!

Memories!! :D

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Got that one already Matt...and its actually Thunder..Thunder..Thunder...Thundercats...HO!!!! but I'll download the Thunderbirds theme just4u....

10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Wheeled Warriors Theme was classic 80s music :)

11. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Did you get the Button moon theme tune?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

No I didnt...I'll make sure I look for it and will download it and let you know...also I was thinking I would find the Moomins tune aswell...

13. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Ahh Button Moon, class :!: :D

14. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

Button moon... wicked ! :biggrin

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well if button moon is all it takes to you lot excited I think I feel sorry for your girlfriends/wives.....but I'll try and download it for all of you...

16. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Wow it's amazing how many memories come flooding back thinking about the tunes and programs.
    Suppose that's the association working, as that's what our age group grew up with.

I didn't remember the thundercats for a moment there, didn't know what you were talkign about.
    Just come back to me now, was one of my favourite cartoons.

My brother got a DVD with classic kids shows from the 70's and 80's, including:

-Count Duckula (absolutely one of my fav's,Nanny: "ooohh Mr Igor u silly man")
    Theme tune/start song to that is brilliant :D )

-Rainbow, need I say more.try watching that with a few mates when having a drink, too funny :p

-Button moon, the weirdest thing ever.No wonder I'm mad.

- The one with the cat, just before my time.

And a few other's.Brilliant DVD's, anyone who watched childrens tv in 70's 80's should get them, they're so good to watch. :D

17. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I'll bear that in mind mate....I just rememebered another one...Dick Tracy...yeah baby....now there was a cartoon....

18. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

says the guy whos just downloaded 20+ TV Theme tunes in his spare time ;)

19. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Thats shocking Phoenix I am deeply hurt...yeah right...anyway I have now downloaded some more...havent got Button Moon or Moomins as yet but will look for them...I have now got Ulysses 31 and Bucky O'Hare amongst a few.

20. adam_wood1234

adam_wood1234 Bit Poster

Cities of Gold, I totally forgot about that, it totally rocked!!

Also was a big fan of the Ewoks cartoon and pigeon street a few years earlier. Not to mention those programs they used to make me watch at school, like Through The Dragons Eye and Geordie Racer (the one about the pigeon!!) with Magic E and that Builder Bloke that made words with 'ing'....... Ah those were the days.

WIP: A+ & Network +