TS: Windows Essential Business Server 2k8 (71-654)

Discussion in 'SBS' started by Kitkatninja, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guy's

Just heard back about this exam, yes I took the beta way back in Aug, and I failed (surprise, surprise).

However considering that:

1. I've never even seen Essential business server 2008 (the new version of SBS 2k3 for medium sized businesses), let alone used any of the SBS/EBS wizards
    2. I've worked with ISA 2006, but not Forefront Threat Management Gateway (the new version of ISA with more differences than between 2004 & 2006)
    3. Even though I've studied a bit on Exchange 2k7, I'm still really only working with Exchange 2k3

I do believe that a score of 622, so not far from passing, was actually not bad (plus I sat the beta in 30mins, wasn't really in the mood for a beta exam as I had just passed the 70-647) :)

Will not be sitting this exam in the future as I do not work with the it.

If you want to know more about Essential business server 2008, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Bad luck old boy, still was worth a punt wasnt it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I love the new SBS (Server Essentials and Server Essentials Premium (what, no Ultimate?)

In line with 2003 R2 MS have actually put full products inside SBS, not just 'the technology', so Exchange is full, SQL can be full, Windows can be full, Sharepoint services 3.0

all pretty great stuff, you can also now buy single license to upgrade from <100 users to 250ish I think

coooooool stuff

Well done on the score mate, it might not be a pass, but its a great score none the less for a beta exam

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Thanks guys :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security