TS small overview

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Theprof, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey Guys/Gals

I am in the process of studying for 70-290 and I read the Terminal services portion of the book and made notes after I finished reading the chapter. Here are the notes:

By Default windows 2003 server installs Terminal Services service

By default windows 2003 server installs remote desktop for administration with a maximum of 2 concurrent connections.

To setup a Terminal Server(multiple user application sharing) a Terminal server component and Terminal Server Licensing Service is required.

Port TCP 3389 must be enabled for remote desktop connection.

Domain Controllers only allow an administrator to access the server remotely unless the security option is changed in the group policy.

In a Domain Controller in order for a user to logon remotely a setting(User Rights assignments) in the domain controller security policy must be changed and the user must be added to a group such as remote desktop users or administrators.

Please let me know if I am missing anything or if I got something wrong.

Thanks in advance.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Seems ok to me. If you need more info on TS, go to www.tricerat.com. They provide two free e-books on TS.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Thanks for the reply Tinus and the site looks pretty good.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA