Trying to remove anoying program "attached"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Flamehearted, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

Hi All,

Anyone help me with this ? I downloaded a program demo (actually boson test A+ software) and installed it. I then finished with it and uninstalled it and deleted it.

The thing is now whenever I start Incredimail the thing starts to install itself again ! This is really odd and I have run a search for folders containing "boson" and deleted them all. :x

Anyone have any ideas what on earth has happened ?

Thanks ! :cry:

Flamehearted

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I assume you used Windows Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the thing. Open it up again and see if they other programs related to the demo are still around like an installer. I suppose you could install it and uninstall it again in case something was missed. As a last resort, you could contact Boson and see if this is a known problem with their software and if they have a solution.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Flamehearted

Flamehearted Nibble Poster

Thanks tripwire - I've got rid of it now - I could still see a bit of it in add/remove !

Oddly I had to reinstall Flash and close incredimail while it removed the program. Still at least it's gone now !

Good ridance !

Thanks ! :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Interesting - sounds like they were both calling for a common file. Would like to hear any detailed explanation of this ...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity