tropical user

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by dales, Sep 25, 2008.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share part of my day with you. I get a call from a user saying "I cant access my files" fair enough can you try logging in again says I cause zenworks isnt showing you as logged on. Tree or server not found says she. Doh, this means I've got to get out of my chair to go and investigate.

Get into the office and its boiling hot in there, suspecting that they have yanked out the network cable I reseat it at both ends, nope still no connectivity. Right hands and knees job to change the cable then..... eeerrrr hang on whats this, its kicking out heat on par with the sun.... and its sitting directly ontop of the network cable. Moving the cable produces some colourful language as the damn thing has melted and nearly took my thumb off.

They thought I was joking when I said they had melted the cable until I showed them the sticky remains of the middle of the cable!!!!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Yeeeeeoooooowch! Bless ya!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Don't you just love end users !

I had an estate agent customer once who kept complaining the keyboard wasn't working - it was due to the papers on top of the pc that had the keyboard cable wrapped round them. Every time she knocked the papers with her leg it pulled on the lead and pulled the ps2 connection out.

D'oh !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

lmao :)

Thanks for making me chuckle whilst I study for the 70-291

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Sometimes, don't it just make you want to pull your hair out? :lol:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Is it *that* cold where you are? :eek:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

No its not cold at all cause the aircon never works. I sit with a fan on all day but some people for some reason are never warm enough!

As I say I nearly had a net tattoo of a network cable across my hand!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ouch! Good find, though!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

hee hee!

Call: User cannot log on.
    Resolution. Network cable on fire. Replaced network cable.

The joys of IT :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I've heard of firewire, but this is ridiculous. :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

LOL! :biggrin

I mean...

<sigh> :rolleyes:

:biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Yep, definitely one for the books!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA