Transcender

Discussion in 'A+' started by Mr.Cheeks, May 16, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Did i hear someone say Transcender is harder than the real thing? ...if so, if i am getting around 850 marks on the os side then, that is definately a good thing...?

2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

In most cases I have found Transcender harder than the actual tests, but that was a personal thing, it could be different for you m8.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

like modey said it depends.. also your pool of questions could be the exam from hell set of questions! Where as other people can get the easiest set ever.. thats why its okay not to pass.. it doesnt mean you dont know your stuff - it might just be because of your set of questions! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

That used to be the case until they started outsourcing all their research, at which time the quality of their product went downhill.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Transcender do and will set their practice exam questions above the expectations of the A+ objectives.The reason transcender is so popular as a study aide,despite their relatively expensive products,is that they provide,arguably,the highest quality questions,accuracy of answers and ultimately value for your hard earned sponds.

I've seen a few of the alternatives and I have to say most of them are either cloning each others questions,the same questions with different answers in one or two cases! or the quality of question is simply too low,too easy for want of a better expression and wouldn't really give a realistic representation of your current knowledge-base.

All said and done,there is no substitute for hard graft,hard studying in this case and getting 90%+ on a transcender exam is bloody hard graft mate,but does give a huge boost of confidence as your exam draws near.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Cheek,

Joking aside, Transender is very good but don't fall in to the trap of doing the tests so many times you have learnt the answers! Also, take the time to read the excellent reasons they provide when you view your correct/incorrect answers....

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Mr.Cheeks

i only done the test 2wice and @ college, they had the class behind me and i had to do the bleedy test - but i only had 40 questions instead of the usual, just to save time.

8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

then you are doing well. Have you booked your exam?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Don't want to sound like a prude (and believe me I'm not), but could we have hidden images and NSFW (Not Safe For Work) tags before images like that are posted please.

I'm at home atm, and I would have been in as much lumber with my wife if she walked past as I scrolled to an image like that as I would have been if someone at work reported me for looking at something like that. Off topic area, ok I guess, but not in a thread that starts out to do with Exam sims ....

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Glad to see we got :offtopic again here Guys.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. Mr.Cheeks

so anyway, before J rudely diverted us, we were on about Transcender, but im know sure how much of a discount it would be...

12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Thread tidied up Guys - please let's remember the distinction between helpful advice on self-cert techniques (aka, what CF is all about) and having an off-topic laugh. Appropriate time and place for both.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  13. Mr.Cheeks

Sorry Gav - i was having a good time last night! :biggrin

14. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Apologies from me too, just a bit of fun that got out of hand.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA