Transcender software

Discussion in 'Sales and Swaps' started by Tyler D, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Have some Transcender software for sale. Brand spanking new un-opened and not registered to myself.

I have the following : MS 70 -290 , 70 -291 , 70 -293 , 70 - 294 , 70 - 298 , 70 -299.

PM me with reasonable offers :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  2. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

* Bump *

No one interested in taking this top notch software of me then?
    I am willing to sell as a bundle or as individual pieces.

3. Gaz 45

Gaz 45 Kilobyte Poster

I'd willingly have some of them off you mate but my training provider provides transcender kits for the exams i'm doing.

Next batch of certs will be self study so if they're still available then I'll make you an offer :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (70-229, 70-228), MBioch
    WIP: MCDBA (70-290)
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sorry, mate... it's not legal to resell Transcender software unless you're an authorized reseller, regardless of whether you've registered them or not.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

BM, we have decided to let Tyler's add stay, as he states that he has not opened the software packages and has not installed the software, hence hasnt agreed to any terms or conditions.

Transcender licence agreement

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. BosonMichael

You're two-for-two tonight in linking to things that I know intimately well, Blue...

You cannot resell Transcender software unless you are an authorized reseller, whether it's brand new or not. I should know; compliance of that policy was part of my job responsibilities for more than two years. I successfully shut down dozens of eBay auctions that were similar to this very post.

One of the reason for this is a simple one: the person to whom it is sold simply won't be able to activate it because the purchase is not linked to their username.

If he doesn't agree to the license agreement, he can return it to Transcender for a full refund; he STILL cannot resell it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I see, well in that case Tyler, you are not selling a product that will be of any use to anyone and therefore i recommend that you return it and ask Transcender to process a refund.

8. BosonMichael

Yeah, I'd think a full refund would be preferable to Tyler. After all, if they are indeed unused, it should be easy to get a refund. They'll be able to tell in their database whether they're unused.

I'm certainly not implying at all that Tyler is selling previously activated software - I have no reason to believe that he is. But if they HAVE been activated in the past... well, that's yet another reason they'd not activate for another user. :D

If, by some strange chance, Transcender's reseller policy has changed in the past 2 1/2 years, then by all means, you're free to sell it. But they were very restrictive of that sort of stuff when I was with them.

9. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the info guys :thumbleft

I was aware of the single user agreement licence but seeing as i have not opened or registered this software i have not agreed to any license agreement. I was unaware of the " Only Transcender authorized resellers may sell or transfer this license " part.

I would appreciate it if one of the powers that be :biggrin could close or pull this thread and i will seek refund from Transcender for the above products.

10. BosonMichael

Sorry to be a buzzkill, mate. :( I am hopeful that you can get a full refund from Transcender. :) That's how we used to do it in the old days... not sure if it's changed since.

11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Tyler, you should know by now that we do not close or pull threads unless they get really out of hand. It is my belief, that this scenario has been discussed in a sensible and reasonable fashion and others may well learn from it. There is nothing to feel embarrassed about.