Transcender practice exam score

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by i686, Aug 2, 2015.

1. i686

i686 New Member

Hi,

I took the selftest and transcender and kaplan tests and consistently score about 90-92% but i still get a fail on the test. What gives? Is the passing score like 100%?

If i get like 46 correct out of 50, that should be a pass, right?

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Which exam was it?

But you're right, a question mark of that would be a pass, sounds like to test's aren't configured correctly.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. i686

i686 New Member

Hi,

Yes it is the 70-410 practice tests.

4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Yeah, passmark should be 700/1000 - so i don't think you've got any worries, sounds like software isn't behaving correctly

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

Transcender sets the pass score at 100%, you can change this in exam preferences

i686 likes this.
  6. i686

i686 New Member

Then i argue that it does not simulate the experience of the real exam because it uses a set percentage and not a "dynamic" scoring as the real test does.

So i could set it to 90% and theoretically still fail the real test. Although if i consistently score 90+% i guess i should be "in the zone", right?

7. Spidey76

Spidey76 Bit Poster

Nothing accurately simulates the real exam. The real exam as you rightly said is dynamic and weighted. This means some questions carry more weight than others so they are not all equal. I'm struggling with the 70-411 which has been a right pain and I'm realising its a mistake to over rely on test preps. Transcender and Measureup are some of the best out there but they need to be used correctly. Running them over and over again loses its effectiveness and gives a false sense of readiness. For my re-take, I have decided to dedicate more time for lab work. This is the only way. I will use the test prep as a preparation tool gauge my readiness and get in the "zone" before my exam.

8. i686

i686 New Member

You make a great point. Surely no substitute for hands on experience and poking around with the technology.

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Good point – once you have done the questions a couple of times the questions do not have much value as a test. However the questions you answer wrong are worth investigating to identify weak areas and study up on them.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    i686 likes this.