transcender for 702

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by manyb, Oct 25, 2009.

1. manyb

manyb Bit Poster

hey everyone i got my 272 booked for tuesday. i just wanted to know what sort of scores you should be getting with the transcenders before you take the test? at the moment im getting around 75% my lowest was 72% and my highest was 84% (yeh im sticking with 75% as my average:))

its kinda strange cus with the 271 i was stressed as hell and the highest i got on the transcenders was 70 and i passed the exam (but i found it hard as hell). but studying for the 272and doing the practice exams i dont feel nervous or as stressed as before.

is the actual exam harder than the transcenders and the readiness review?

thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I kinda confused with the number you are using do you not mean 70-271 and 70-272 for the MCDS.

or do you mean the new A+ exams which have 701 and 702 in their codes?

either way if you getting 75% as an average you might be ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. manyb

manyb Bit Poster

thanks i edited it i got the numbers confused cus im doing my A+ as well:D.

so what scores were people getting before they passed/failed it?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Back in the "old days" when I worked at Transcender, we recommended scores of at least 80% before taking the exams. I left Transcender in 05, so I don't know what they recommend nowadays, but I'd still say that 80% is probably a good goal.

Remember that if you take one of the exams more than once, it no longer accurately reflects how well you'll do on the exam. It'll still be a good study tool, but you'll have already seen the questions, so it won't be like seeing a "new" exam. The approach I would often take would be to take exam A, study what I missed, then take exam B and study what I missed. Then, by the time I take exam C, I really think I'm ready for the exam. If I can pass exam C, then my feelings are confirmed. Otherwise, I hit the books again.