Training in America

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Wasted Little DJ, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Wasted Little DJ

Wasted Little DJ New Member

Hi guys

About to undergo my boot camp at removed possible spam for the A+ and N+ in July so will keep you posted how I get on. I tried the self study but it just isn't my thing unfortunately.

I am looking to go into Cisco when I complete the above and was thinking about studying somewhere in American funds permitting. Can anyone advise of the best place to go, or if they have done so in the past?

I'm a beginner whom works in account management at the moment looking to break into IT. Which will happen when I complete my courses and start applying for jobs:p#

Thanks

Certifications: HNC Networking
    WIP: HND Networking, A+, N+, CCNA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Getting Cisco certifications won't help you break into IT. Administering Cisco devices is an advanced IT job, and 99% of companies won't hire you to do it without first getting a few years of real-world IT experience. And companies looking to hire entry-level techs will see you as overcertified. Therefore, it's not a good idea to get certifications that are not relevant to your experience level.

Welcome to the forums!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!