Training advice - 2008

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by MrDan, Jul 22, 2011.

1. MrDan

MrDan New Member

Howdy,

I'm after some advice and figured this is the best place.

I've been working in IT for about 10 years in a number of roles from Desktop to server support and back to desktop again.

Now, I havent got any certifications or done any offical training but have picked some experience along the way, installing servers, user admin, setting up Group Policies, software deployment.

Work are now sending me on a course with qa.com, M6419: Configuring Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Servers to be exact.

My question is - After taking the course, would I be in a good position to take a server 2008 certification.

I'm also thinking of doing a Windows 7 one too....

WIP: MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Not sure, tbh, this course doesn't appear to map directly to any exams (that I can find).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

That does seem odd.
    I think there was a 'managing and maintaining' exam for 2003, but 2008 all seem to be configuration exams.

I'm sure QA will be able to tell you.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. MrDan

MrDan New Member

Here is a link to the 2008 course, http://www.qa.com/training-courses/technical-it-training/microsoft/microsoft-windows-
    server/microsoft-windows-server-2008-and-r2/configuring,-managing-and-maintaining-windows-server-2008-r2-servers

The Windows 7 one is more of a personal one, 70-640 I think

WIP: MCSE