Top ten certs

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Sparky, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

As listed by certmag.com

CCNA listed as a 'entry level cert', didnt think it was the same as the A+ but whatever! :biggrin

http://www.certmag.com/articles/templates/CM_gen_Article_template.asp?articleid=2401&zoneid=1

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

CCNA entry level! :x

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Bit Poster

Tell me about it Boyce!!! What a pi$$ take!!! :ohmy

Certifications: CompTIA A+, OCR Level 2
    WIP: Network+, 70-270
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well as I understand it it is an entry level exam in comparison to Ciscos other qualifications. I don't think they mean entry level per se.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you take the iPRO qual at college you'll have the choice of either the Network+ route or the CCNA route.

The CCNA was always an entry level cert at the same level as the A+ & Network+ combined. The only difference is that while the A+ & Network+ is designed to be general, the CCNA can go alittle bit deeper as it is specific to Cisco technology.

People may not like to hear this, but it's the truth.

At one time the MCP, the "entry" level MS cert was highly regarded, however due to the increasing number of people that have gotten this in unapproved ways it has dropped slightly in value in some peoples eye's. Adding to this: with approx 110,000 people that are certified with the CCNA vs the approx 1.8 millions people that are Microsoft certified also slightly adds to the devaluation the cert, that's why you get crazy companies asking for helpdesk staff with MCSA/MCSE's (and/or with the CCNA as they are rarer).

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

The CCNA is indeed considered an Entry level networking cert, it might be tough and contain a wide berth of required understanding, but its entry level by comparison to other certs (Ciscos Professional level certs, MCSEs and other industry standard certs) its a 5 day course with a single exam, thats considered by most to be entry level

thats not to say its easy! or undervalued, its just classed as entry level :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I understand it is ‘entry level’ when compared to other Cisco certs but I thought it was generally a harder exam the A+\Network+. I guess I’ll find out in 2010 when I finally start the CCNA! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs